[Sigmetrics] Identification of long-term concept-symbols among citations

Loet Leydesdorff loet at leydesdorff.net
Thu Jan 7 08:32:52 EST 2016

Dear T V Gopal,

If the seminal work is referenced, it will appear in the analysis. The
authors provide references outside their domain, don't they?

But I agree that the focus has shifted to the dynamics of citations more
than the dynamics of science. Bringing the latter back in seems to me a
direction for further research.

My apologies for the delay in answering; something went wrong in my
mailbox.

Best,
Loet

Loet Leydesdorff

Professor, University of Amsterdam
Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam.
Tel. +31-20-525 6598; fax: +31-842239111

loet at leydesdorff.net ; http://www.leydesdorff.net/
Visiting Professor, ISTIC, <http://www.istic.ac.cn/Eng/brief_en.html>Beijing;
Honorary Professor, SPRU, <http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru/>University of
Sussex; http://scholar.google.com/citations?user=ych9gNYAAAAJ&hl=en