[Sigmetrics] Job opening: Sr. Product Manager - Scopus
Swenson, Eric (ELS-NYC)
E.Swenson at elsevier.com
Fri Feb 12 15:20:46 EST 2016
Scopus seeks to hire a Sr. Product Manager in New York City.
If you reside in the NY/tri-state area and are interested, please apply ONLINE (only):
The full job description is below.
Please feel free to pass on to other potentially interested parties.
Director Product Management
Elsevier Research Products
O: +1 (212) 633 3909 (EST, GMT -5)
M: +1 (917) 592 0598
Product Manager-AG 0003H
Elsevier : NA-USA-NY-New York
At Elsevier, product managers lead cross-functional agile teams that consist of UX strategists, top-notch developers, data scientists, IR specialists, digital marketers, sales, scholars and best of all - librarians! Elsevier's premier abstracting and indexing database, Scopus, is on the hunt for a seasoned Sr. Product Manager who has experience working in the information industry and understands the rapidly changing world of global, interdisciplinary and collaborative research. Work with customers, marketing, UX design, engineering and sales to collaborate, develop, build, and deploy the next generation of Scopus, the largest abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature: scientific journals, books and conference proceedings. Scopus product managers help researchers uncover trends, discover sources and collaborators, and analyze results to yield further insights. Work with us to develop new features and smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research. Sound good? Keep reading.
Ready for a challenge?
As product manager you will conceive and manage the implementation of product features and user experience strategy. You will build features from existing roadmap streams, and collaborate with your team to develop new ideas based on your experience, market insights and your contacts with customers, users and internal stakeholders. You must possess a unique blend of business sense, creativity and technical savvy; a big picture vision and an eye for detail. You must have the drive to make your vision into a reality, both from an acceptance point of view - being able to sell your idea to senior management, based on data driven arguments combining web analytics and market research - and be able lead your team through to execution, measurement, and ongoing elaboration. You must enjoy spending time with users (travel is a must!), customers and internal stakeholders to understand their problems and find innovative solutions within the context of the broader product strategy.
* Manage the entire feature/product line lifecycle from strategic planning to tactical activities, in close collaboration with your agile team;
* Specify requirements and creation of concept definitions (stories) for new features by conducting market research, communicating with internal stakeholders, users and customers and by analyzing user behavior;
* Set Priorities based on sound and consistent application of business KPOs (revenue, usage/adoption, satisfaction);
* Stakeholder management, manage internal and external partner relationships;
* Competitive analysis, must identify traditional and new competition;
* Drive implementation across multiple teams (engineering as well as marketing communications and product marketing);
* "Sell" ideas and concepts to Senior Management based on data and other insights; communicating the value proposition, key benefits and technical information to a wide range of internal and external stakeholders;
* Work alongside project portfolio management for larger implementations;
* Learn and keep up to date with best practices in product development;
* Travel to meet with customers, users and other professionals in the industry to ensure you are always up to date on current trends and best practices in the industry;
* Product Development responsibility 80%, product development accountability 20%.
What you should bring:
* Previous experience managing geographically distributed teams
* Previous experience managing multiple business cultures and demonstrating diplomacy and cultural sensitivity to said cultures, resulting in a high performing team
* Strong customer focus with proven record of success in identifying prevalent and urgent customer problems and developing differentiated solutions that effectively solve those problems
* Minimum of 5+ years of software marketing/ product management experience
* Experience in electronic publishing, IT projects and/or full-text/bibliographic databases is an advantage
* Possess strong analytical reasoning and business acumen; able to assess/determine clear business outcomes
* Strong team player and facilitator who can build consensus across broad and varied stakeholders
* Entrepreneurial skills - good in starting up and seeing through new initiatives
* Expertise in search technology and experience in large-scale search product development
* Proven experience in agile and/or lean life cycle development process and in working with development partners onshore and offshore
* Understanding of information needs of scientists and researchers is a plus
* Outstanding written and oral communication skills
* Fluent in English
* University degree in business, computer science, library science, engineering or technology
What we offer
We welcome you to a truly global, dynamic and challenging environment with great opportunities to develop yourself.
Elsevier is the world's leading provider of scientific, technical and medical (STM) information, tools and resources. A global company based in Amsterdam, Elsevier partners with scientists, researchers, healthcare providers, educators and decision-makers in academic institutions, governments and corporations to help them find, evaluate and use information. Our breadth of content is unparalleled, spanning virtually every STM field in the world and includes such distinguished brands as Gray's Anatomy, The Lancet and Cell. Using innovative technology, we deliver our content through tools that help our customers be more productive and successful in their work. ScienceDirect delivers the worlds' leading journals electronically to over 11 million readers in 200 countries. And physicians in 95 percent of teaching hospitals rely on ClinicalKey to get critical information that can save lives. Elsevier employs over 7,000 people in more than 70 offices worldwide. We are an employer of choice, attracting and developing talented and creative people who thrive in a challenging and fast-paced environment. We offer an excellent compensation and benefits package as well as a real opportunity for career growth in a growing organization. Elsevier is an equal opportunity employer: qualified applicants are considered for and treated during employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, citizenship status, disability status, protected veteran status, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law. If a qualified individual with a disability or disabled veteran needs a reasonable accommodation to use or access our online system, that individual should please contact 1-877-734-1938.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the SIGMETRICS