[Sigmetrics] So-called scientists too lazy to perform background reading in libraries

Terrie Rose Wheeler tew2004 at med.cornell.edu
Thu Sep 24 10:06:34 EDT 2015

The first paper that officially used the term “impact factor” with regards
to journals was published in Science in 1955. The first citation analysis
published that reviewed all references to papers from one scientific
journal title for a time period was done in 1926.  And the first citation
tracking was a legal service called “Shepard’s Citations" started in 1873.

On 9/24/15, 8:33 AM, "SIGMETRICS on behalf of Nicholas Collin Paul de
Glouceſter" <sigmetrics-bounces at asis.org on behalf of