[Sigmetrics] Co-word Maps and Topic Modeling: A Comparison from a User's Perspective

David Wojick dwojick at craigellachie.us
Fri Nov 13 10:22:25 EST 2015

Very interesting, Loet. Two thoughts:

If you want to visualize the argument in a document, that is what my issue
tree method does. See for example http://www.stemed.info/Repo_Tree.pdf.
However, this visualization is based on the logical relations between the
asserted propositions, which no algorithm that I know of can find. It would
be fun to try to develop one.

Second, the visualizations in your paper are two dimensional projections of
a complex three dimensional structure. Other projections (and other
structurings) might show other clustering, including possibly making the
topical modeling more meaningful.

Wonderful work,

David