CWTS Leiden Ranking 2015

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Fri May 22 02:02:10 EDT 2015

Dear Nees Jan,

Would it be possible to make the cluster "scientometrics" available for this
community?

For instance, consider scientometric research. With how many publications
per year do we believe that our own publications as scientometricians can be
compared in terms of citation counts? Probably a few hundred and at most
about one thousand publications. In the 2014 edition of the Leiden Ranking,
there were 800 fields and scientometrics was part of a larger field that
also included for instance library science. This leads to questionable
comparisons between publications dealing with quite different research
topics. In the 2015 edition of the ranking, one of the 4000 fields is
focused entirely on research on scientometrics (and closely related topics).
This field includes somewhat more than 1000 publications per year in the
period 2010-2013 (so it's one of the larger fields among the 4000 fields).

Perhaps, as a single Excel sheet. You can also provide the UT numbers and we
can find them ourselves. (Please, include the UT numbers).

Thanks in advance.

Best,

Loet

  _____

Loet Leydesdorff

Emeritus University of Amsterdam
Amsterdam School of Communication Research (ASCoR)

 <mailto:loet at leydesdorff.net> loet at leydesdorff.net ;
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/> http://www.leydesdorff.net/
Honorary Professor,  <http://www.sussex.ac.uk/spru/> SPRU, University of
Sussex;