Does the Leiden Manifesto need a "Skewness Principle"?

Ismael Rafols ismaelrafols at GMAIL.COM
Wed Jun 24 09:52:57 EDT 2015

Dear all,

In the ISSI conference in Istanbul next week there will be a special
session on the Leiden Manifesto (http://leidenmanifesto.org).

This will be on *July 2nd, Thursday, 10:00-11:30 at Albert Long Hal*l.

Diana Hicks, the leading author, will present the principles of Leiden
Manifesto. Paul Wouters will chair first a panel with members from diverse
institutions, and second, a discussion with all the audience.

In this session, we hope there will be space for debating the current
principles, their implementation, critiques and potential improvements such
the one proposed by Andreas in the previous e-mail.

We are looking forward to your active participation so that, as a
professional community, we collectively succeed in providing the best
advice about the usages of scientometrics.

Best regards,

Ismael Rafols
Ingenio (CSIC-UPV, València; SPRU, Sussex)