Bibliometrics in the humanities and social sciences

Bornmann, Lutz lutz.bornmann at GV.MPG.DE
Fri Jan 23 12:04:19 EST 2015

In recent months, we have developed methods for the application of bibliometrics in the area of humanities and social sciences (based on Google Scholar data). The results of our project are summarized in the following paper:

Bornmann, Lutz; Thor, Andreas; Marx, Werner; Schier, Hermann (2015): The application of bibliometrics to research evaluation in the humanities and social sciences: an exploratory study using normalized Google Scholar data for the publications of a research institute.
The paper is available at: http://dx.doi.org/10.6084/m9.figshare.1293588

Comments are very welcome!

---------------------------------------

Dr. Dr. habil. Lutz Bornmann
Division for Science and Innovation Studies
Administrative Headquarters of the Max Planck Society
Hofgartenstr. 8
80539 Munich
Tel.: +49 89 2108 1265
Mobil: +49 170 9183667