"A Review of Theory and Practice in Scientometrics" -- preprint available

TV Gopal gopal at ANNAUNIV.EDU
Sun Feb 1 02:43:11 EST 2015

Dear Dr. Loet Leydesdorff,

As you would appreciate, it is long hard way ahead for arriving at a
comprehensive understanding on the efficacy of Scientometrics.

I have read the paper by Dahler-Larsen you have cited in the post.

"It is impossible to escape the impression that people commonly use false
standards of measurement - that they seek power, success and wealth for
themselves and admire them in others, and that they underestimate what is of
true value in life."                - Sigmund Freud, Civilization and Its
Discontents

Attached please find the article by Dr. T Ramasami which I quoted from in my
earlier post.

[

I am sorry, I could retrieve the article only in this form. Please note
that, I have served as the Honorary Chief Editor of CSI Communications
between January 2005 - March 2011.

]

We need to ask the question:

What are the conditions when "Peer Review with perceptions" is comparable to
"Parameter Linked Judgment" ?

Your thoughts...

Warmest Regards

Gopal T V