[Sigmetrics] More uses of Google Scholar

Enrique Orduña riorma at gmail.com
Fri Dec 18 13:17:20 EST 2015

​Dear Isidro,

Thanks so much for sharing with us your new empirical advancement in the
Webometrics Ranking methodology, in this case through the application of
the recent institutional tool featured by Google Scholar.

I would like to take this opportunity to highlight a Report performed by
the EC3 Research Group, published and shared with the members of this list
last September. In this work we analyse precisely this new feature,
highlighting its advantages and some of the shortcomings when a user wants
to collect all researchers belonging to one institution. We do hope this
may be useful for your experiment and for our colleagues in this list as
well.

Orduna-Malea, E.; Ayllón, J.M.; Martín-Martín, A. & Delgado López-Cózar, E.
(2015). Improvements in Google Scholar Citations are for the summer:
creating an institutional affiliation linking feature. EC3 Reports, 14.
http://doi.org/10.13140/RG.2.1.3853.0648

Best,

EC3 Research Group.