[Sigmetrics] Reminder – Registrations for Workshop on Qualitative and Mixed Methods in Research Evaluation and Policy (QMM2015) now free to participate

Gemma Derrick Gemma.Derrick at brunel.ac.uk
Wed Aug 26 09:54:14 EDT 2015

Apologies for cross posting.

It is with great pleasure that I announce that the following workshop is now free for interested participants to attend.  All interested colleagues are encouraged to register for the event by sending their details to gemma.derrick at brunel.ac.uk<mailto:gemma.derrick at brunel.ac.uk>.

Qualitative and Mixed Methods in Research Policy (QMM2015) Workshop
Exploring Qualitative and Mixed Methodological Approaches in the Evaluation and Research Policy Field

1-2 October, 2015
Brunel University London
London, United Kingdom.
http://www.brunel.ac.uk/herg/qual-and-mm-workshop

Current and future challenges in the field of Research and Evaluation Policy require researchers to embrace broader methodological approaches. This includes moving beyond strong quantitative tools such as bibliometrics, network analysis and econometrics, towards adopting sophisticated qualitative and/or mixed methodological research designs.
Supported by the British Academy, this workshop aims to showcase current research involving qualitative or mixed methodological research designs in the research evaluation and innovation policy field.
We also aim to work towards establishing an international network of researchers interested in strengthening the quality and reputation of qualitative and mixed methodological research studies in the field.  To this end, through presentation of submissions, and related discussion, participants will work together to establish clear guidelines of good practice for qualitative and mixed methodological studies in the field.

 Who should attend?
Both researchers in the field as well as EU and UK policymakers would benefit from the research presentations, discussions and networking opportunities offered at the workshop.
All interested participants are encouraged to register prior to attending by contacting Gemma Derrick on gemma.derrick at brunel.ac.uk<mailto:gemma.derrick at brunel.ac.uk>.
We look forward to welcoming you to London in October.