Bibliometrics Services - Which Services Provided by Libraries Are Most Valued?

Matthew Marsteller matthewm at ANDREW.CMU.EDU
Sat Apr 4 19:39:56 EDT 2015

David and all,

By a biblometrics service I mean meeting the information needs of the
faculty and staff of a university using bibliometric (and perhaps
Altmetric) tools such as Web of Science, INCITES, Scopus and SciVal.
Things that we could possibly do range widely.  It could extend from
answering the simple ³What¹s my h-index?² to ³I need a gathering of
statistics about my publications for my annual report/dossier.² to more
involved stuff like ³What would be the projected impact of adding the work
of Professor X from Y university to our faculty?² to a ³Bibliometric
analysis of a topic that a faculty member could use during the early stage
of preparing a scientific review article.²  I¹m sure that others could
suggest other possible services.  I¹m trying to gauge which might be the
most crucial ³product(s)² to begin with.

Thanks for the interest,

Matt
--
Matthew R. Marsteller

Senior Librarian, Engineering & Sciences
Roger Sorrells Engineering & Science Library
4400 Wean Hall
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA  15213-3890
Email:  matthewm at andrew.cmu.edu