STI conference Leiden--Quality standards for evaluation indicators

Katy Borner katy at INDIANA.EDU
Tue Sep 2 09:00:06 EDT 2014

Dear all,
I very much like to see that there will be a discussion about quality
standards for evaluation indicators at STI.
The development of validated data analysis and visualization
workflows/tools and the generation of replicable results is at the core
of any scientific effort that aims to convert data into actionable
insights. Good to see the background material provided (you might also
like to review results from the below workshops) and hope results of the
special session will be shared widely.
Best regards,

*Recent Standards Workshops*

OECD-experts dialogue on scientometrics: Improving the use of
bibliometric indicators and analysis for policy-making
<http://cns.iu.edu/workshops/event/140325.html>.
March 25, 2014 | OECD, Paris, France

Science Mapping Standards Workshop
<http://cns.iu.edu/workshops/event/131104.html>
November 04-05, 2013 | Bloomington, Indiana

Standards for Science Mapping and Classifications
<http://www.issi2013.org/work.html#Ws4>
July 15, 2013 | ISSI, Vienna, Austria

JSMF Workshop on Standards for Science Metrics, Classifications, and
Mapping <http://scimaps.org/meeting/110810/>
August 11-12, 2011 | Bloomington, IN

--
Katy Borner
Victor H. Yngve Professor of Information Science

ILS, School of Informatics and Computing, Indiana University
Wells Library 021, 1320 E. Tenth Street, Bloomington, IN 47405, USA
Phone: (812) 855-3256  Fax: -6166