A new metrics-related book focused on academic search engines

David Wojick dwojick at CRAIGELLACHIE.US
Fri Oct 10 09:04:19 EDT 2014

Dear Andreuas,

Last I knew, a decade ago, the G search algorithm had about 160 component algorithms and that number is likely much larger now. Do we know what fraction of these components have been analogized in GS? Conversely does GS do anything that G does not? For example articles have dates but web pages perhaps do not.

The central G algorithm weights a link based on the authority of the site doing the linking. Does GS do this with citations? Does being cited by a paper which itself has more citations make a difference?

Also, GS has a powerful more-like-this capability but I do not know if it uses it in search.

David