SIGMETRICS Digest - 4 Jun 2014 to 6 Jun 2014 - Special issue (#2014-91)

David Wojick dwojick at CRAIGELLACHIE.US
Tue Jun 10 10:14:01 EDT 2014

I see nothing unethical here. The publisher T&F was confronted with an article that accused several publishers, by name, of "price gouging." Given the strictness of British libel laws they were right to be concerned, as this is part of a publisher's job. I can imagine their lawyers choking when they saw it. The compromise was to remove the names and add a disclaimer that some of the alleged facts may not be correct, then publish the revised article.

David

David Wojick, Ph.D.
Inside Public Access