PLOS ONE Output Falls Following Impact Factor Decline

David Wojick dwojick at CRAIGELLACHIE.US
Fri Jul 4 09:11:26 EDT 2014

I agree that bibliometrics research is a case where universal access is desireable, although perhaps not necessary, but that is not the case that I objected to. Note that the bibliometrician does not need access in order to actually read the two million or so papers published each year, as that is impossible. If you want to argue that the journal system should be reorganized, so that subscriptions disappear, in order to serve bibliometrics, be my guest. It is not a strong argument, certainly not strong enough to make the subscription system unsustainable, which is the issue here.

I do not understand your PS so perhaps you did not understand my prior point.

David
http://insidepublicaccess.com/