Current self-citation rates

Matthew Wallace matt.l.wallace at GMAIL.COM
Fri Apr 4 11:29:18 EDT 2014

Indeed, our study from 2012 showed very stable self-citation rates over
time and, to a slightly lesser degree, across disciplines (between 10 and
20%) if you count all authors, not just first authors.

http://www.plosone.org/article/info%3Adoi%2F10.1371%2Fjournal.pone.0033339

Cheers,

Matt

Matthew L. Wallace, Ph.D.