CWTS Journal Indicators

W.F. Mijnhardt wmijnhardt at RSM.NL
Thu Sep 26 05:48:05 EDT 2013

Dear Nees Jan,
I like the logic of the stability & reliability of the indicators, like CWTS applies here and in the 2013 Leidenranking (http://www.leidenranking.com/methodology/indicators).
I was wondering if we can connect some of the logic on reliability: for example:
Do journals in the highest decile (D1) of WOS subject categories also have a high reliability for the SNIP value per publication?
In other words: Can we use evidence from the WOS logic and combine it with the Scopus logic in some way or is this a stupid idea to mix journal level logic with article level logic?
It would be relevant if we could simply explain the combined force of the two logics to academic leaders/decisionmakers in universities who have to deal with the judgement on quality and excellence.
Wilfred Mijnhardt
@wmijnhardt