the debate on bibliometrics of individual researchers

Ismael Rafols ismaelrafols at GMAIL.COM
Mon Jul 29 09:44:12 EDT 2013

Dear all,

Paul Wouters, director of CWTS at Leiden University, reflects on *special
plenary session on the evaluative use of individual bibliometrics* at the 14
th ISSI Conference <http://www.issi2013.org/> two weeks ago in Vienna.  The
plenary session aimed to give a new stimulus to the debate how to apply,
and how not to apply, performance indicators of individual scientists and
scholars.

http://citationculture.wordpress.com/2013/07/29/bibliometrics-of-individual-researchers/

A second thematic session on individual level bibliometrics will take at
the next conference on science & tecnnology indicators, the STI
Conference<http://www.forschungsinfo.de/STI2013/start.asp>“Translational
twists and turns: science as a socio-economic endeavour”,
in Berlin, 4-6 September 2013. There, we will take the next step in
specifying guidelines. In parallel, this conference will also host a
plenary session on the topic of bibliometric standards in general,
organized by iFQ <http://www.forschungsinfo.de/>, CWTS and
Science-Metrix<http://www.science-metrix.com/>.

We look forward to further debate on these issues.

Best regards,

Ismael Rafols
*Ingenio* (CSIC-UPV)  & *SPRU*, Univ. Sussex (Visiting Fellow)