New citation indicators needed to measure research performance

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Thu Feb 21 00:59:31 EST 2013

Dear Johannes,

In my opinion, one should distinguish between data collection and data
analysis. With Lutz Bornmann, I developed for example the program I3.exe
(available at http://www.leydesdorff.net/software/i3 ) that uses percentile
ranks on *any* dataset downloaded from WoS. The routine is rather similar
from that of Garfield and Pudovkin, but the user can freely choose the
reference set (journal or WoS category, or perhaps based on an informed
search string).

Best,
Loet

--