"Negative" citations?

Hadas Shema dassysh at GMAIL.COM
Sat Aug 10 17:43:23 EDT 2013

Hi Bernie,
There definitely are negative citations, but they are rather rare. I think
the best article about the subject is this one:

MacRoberts, M., & MacRoberts, B. (1984). The Negational Reference: or the
Art of Dissembling Social Studies of Science, 14 (1), 91-94
DOI:10.1177/030631284014001006

And in shameless self-promotion, I wrote a post about the subject:

Your theory is rubbish (but I won’t say it out
loud)<http://blogs.scientificamerican.com/information-culture/2013/02/12/your-theory-is-rubbish-but-i-wont-say-it-out-loud/>

Hope this helps!
Best,
Hadas