retractions related to lab size

Jump, Paul Paul.Jump at TSLEDUCATION.COM
Mon Oct 1 10:53:59 EDT 2012

Hello all

I am a journalist for Times Higher Education in the UK. It has been suggested to me that scientific misconduct is more likely to occur in large research groups because the PI is less able to keep an eye on what is happening. It would be nice to have some evidence of this. I wondered whether anyone was aware of any studies that compare retraction/correction rates to lab size?

Thanks for any help you can give.

Paul Jump
Senior research reporter
Times Higher Education