Is the Relationship Between Journal Impact Factors and Article Citations Growing Weaker?

Paul Colin de Glouceſter Colin_Paul_Gloster at ACM.ORG
Tue Nov 13 08:05:46 EST 2012

On November 13th, 2012, Philip Davis emailed:
|"Is the Relationship Between Journal Impact Factors and Article   |
|Citations Growing Weaker?                                         |
|A new study suggests a weakening of the relationship between a    |
|journal’s impact factor and the articles published therein. An    |
|unorthodox analysis and unwillingness to share data for validation|
|purposes raises serious questions about how seriously to take this|
|study.                                                            |
|http://wp.me/pcvbl-7oG                                            |
|--Phil Davis"                                                     |

Dear Phil Davis:

On that webpage, may I suggest replacing
"was published by in the"
by
"was published in the"?

Furthermore, as for your phrase
"October issue",
according to
HTTP://OnlineLibrary.Wiley.com/doi/10.1002/asi.v63.11/issuetoc
, Issue 11 of Volume 63 is dated November 2012 (even though "The weakening relationship between the impact factor and
papers' citations in the digital age" was published in October 2012).

Yours sincerely,
Paul Colin de Glouceſter