publication notice: study of an entire field

Clement Levallois clement_levallois at YAHOO.FR
Tue Nov 13 04:24:42 EST 2012

Dear list members,

Our scientometric study of an entire (global) scientific field was not picked up by Eugene Garfield's filters I think (poor keyword and abstract choices from ours....), so here is a short notice.
In a nutshell, this paper assesses the interdisciplinary character of "neuroeconomics", a field which emerged in the early 2000s and that studies the neural basis of decision making. Using maps of science, social network analysis and text processing techniques, we demonstrate that this field spans an usually large diversity of scientific domains and generates integrated knowledge drawing from economics, psychology and neuroscience.

The paper can be accessed from here (http://www.nature.com/nrn/journal/v13/n11/full/nrn3354.html) and I will be happy to provide an author's copy on request.

Best wishes,

Clement

Clement Levallois, PhD