Writing articles in English

James Hartley j.hartley at PSY.KEELE.AC.UK
Wed Mar 28 04:42:59 EDT 2012

Re: [SIGMETRICS] Writing articles in EnglishDear Yves

Many thanks for your most helpful reply to my request for information.  Very helpful!

Jim

James Hartley
School of Psychology
Keele University
Staffordshire
http://www.keele.ac.uk/psychology/people/hartleyjames/
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Yves Gingras
  To: SIGMETRICS at LISTSERV.UTK.EDU
  Sent: Tuesday, March 27, 2012 3:22 PM
  Subject: Re: [SIGMETRICS] Writing articles in English

  Herre are a few papers  I did on the effects of translation in social sciences and sciences:

  Gingras Yves et Sébastien Mosbah-Natanson, «La question de la traduction en sciences sociales : les revues françaises entre visibilité internationale et ancrage national>», Archives européennes de sociologie, vol. 51, no 2, 2010, pp: 305-321; See pdf at:

  http://www.cirst.uqam.ca/Portals/0/docs/note_rech/2010-02.pdf

  See also a paper in press (in English)  in JASIST on Russian science in translation

  Kirchik, O., Gingras, Y., Larivière, V. (2012) Changes in publication languages and citation practices and their effect on the scientific impact of Russian Science (1993-2009)

  http://lariviere.ebsi.umontreal.ca/Publications/russia_citation.pdf

  For a sociological analysis of the value of languages in the scientific field:

  Gingras, Yves, « La valeur d'une langue dans un champ scientifique », Recherches sociographiques, vol. XXV, no 2, mai-août 1984, pp. 286-296.

   http://www.chss.uqam.ca/Portals/0/docs/articles/valeur_champ_scientifique.pdf

  Best regards
  Yves