Indices of writing quality

James Hartley j.hartley at PSY.KEELE.AC.UK
Fri Jun 29 09:50:59 EDT 2012

My colleague Gina Vega has asked if anyone can help her with her query below:

I am looking for a method of evaluating the quality of written English (either English-US or English-UK).

I am not seeking a readability index (such as SMOG or Flesch) but an index of writing quality.

I want to be able to apply it to serve as an initial proxy for a complete copy-editing task for submissions of cases and articles to an international journal and distribution database.

Does such an instrument exist?  If so, I would appreciate hearing from you at gvega at salemstate.edu

Many thanks

Gina Vega
Prof. of Management