Addresses on papers

Sylvan Katz j.s.katz at SUSSEX.AC.UK
Thu Jan 12 09:36:01 EST 2012

You might check the following paper for a discussion of this matter

Katz, J. S., & Martin, B. R. (1997). What is Research Collaboration.
Research Policy, 26, 1-18.

It was found that 5-14% of papers in the SCI reported more institutions
than authors. It is a common occurrence. There likely aren't any guidelines