Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year !

Alexander Pudovkin aipud at MAIL.RU
Sun Dec 23 16:21:44 EST 2012

 Dear Eugene and Meher,

I wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to you !

How are you and what are plans for the holidays?

We are having real colds here, minus 20 C. Ugly! Rather cold at home too. I go to bed fully dressed. I hate winter and colds.

I am invited to give two lectures at a School for Young Geneticists, which will be held in Moscow at the end of January. The School is organized by the Institute of General Genetics of Russian Academy of Sciences.One lecture will be on using statistics in population genetics, the other on the use of citation data in evaluation of individual productivity of scientists. So, the nearest weeks will be quite busy for me.

Nobuko Miyari whom you know asked me to give her some advice related to her analysis of Russian scientific literature. I have not yet gathered the exact formulation of her project. I just answer her many questions.

Hope you are well and will enjoy the Christmas holidays.

Love, Sasha