Growth of digital publications compared to printed publications

Jakob Voss Jakob.Voss at GBV.DE
Mon Aug 6 03:48:34 EDT 2012

Hi,

I am looking for studies that quantify the growth of digital
publications compared to printed publications. All I know is that both
grow exponentially and I assume that elektronic publications grow
faster. Are there more specific numbers based on definitions of
publications?

I asked the full question at http://libraries.stackexchange.com, a great
Question & Answers site[1]  for libraries and information science -
maybe someone in this list can add a helpful answer and questions there:

http://libraries.stackexchange.com/questions/1008/how-does-the-number-of-digital-publications-grow-compared-to-printed-publication

Thanks!
Jakob Voß

[1] It's part of the successfull StackExchange network:
http://stackexchange.com/

--
Verbundzentrale des GBV (VZG)
Digitale Bibliothek - Jakob Voß