Open access, readership, citations: a randomized controlled trial of scientific journal publishing

Philip Davis pmd8 at CORNELL.EDU
Wed Mar 30 14:53:39 EDT 2011

Cristobal,
In answering the question of whether free access to the scientific literature increases the diffusion of knowledge, I think the answer is apparent: "Yes" if one looks at readership, but "No" if one looks at citations. I see the world as a more complicated and nuanced place than through the lens of advocacy.

-Phil Davis