Romero, AH; Kremer, RK; Marx, W. 2011. The scientific road of Manuel Cardona: a bibliometric analysis. ANNALEN DER PHYSIK 523 (1-2): 179-190, Sp. Iss. SI

Mon Mar 7 14:55:31 EST 2011

Romero, AH; Kremer, RK; Marx, W. 2011. The scientific road of Manuel Cardona:
a bibliometric analysis. ANNALEN DER PHYSIK 523 (1-2): 179-190, Sp. Iss. SI..

Author Full Name(s): Romero, A. H.; Kremer, R. K.; Marx, W.
Language: English
Document Type: Article

Author Keywords: Hirsch index; h index; Manuel Cardona; scientific impact
KeyWords Plus: H-INDEX; HIRSCH INDEX

Abstract: We present a detailed bibliometric analysis of the scientific
contributions of Manuel Cardona, who represents an interesting example of a
renowned scientist with a long and fruitful career. His publications provide an
appropriate basis to apply various bibliometric techniques to measure the
impact of his scientific achievements. For this purpose, we have taken into
account his full publication record, the institutions of all his coauthors, the
journals where his papers have been published, and the citations of his papers
as a measure of their impact. We have analyzed in more detail some of his most
important publications, which appeared as journal papers and book
contributions. Additionally, we have broken down the complete ensemble of the
citing papers with respect to the countries of authors, the journals, and the
subject areas. The analysis performed in this study also makes use of the
Hirsch index as one of the most recognized bibliometric indicators which has
rapidly captured the field of research evaluation. Finally, we have established
the citation historiogram based on the most highly-cited papers to visualize
their citation network. (C) 2011 WILEY-VCH Verlag GmbH & Co. KGaA, Weinheim

Addresses: [Romero, A. H.] CINVESTAV, Unidad Queretaro, Dept Mat,
Queretaro 76230, Mexico; [Kremer, R. K.; Marx, W.] Max Planck Inst Solid State
Res, D-70569 Stuttgart, Germany

Reprint Address: Romero, AH, CINVESTAV, Unidad Queretaro, Dept Mat,
Queretaro 76230, Mexico.

E-mail Address: aromero at qro.cinvestav.mx
ISSN: 0003-3804
DOI: 10.1002/andp.201000090