Cradock, C; Meehan, P; Needham, P. 2011. JUSP in time a partnership approach to developing a journal usage statistics portal. LEARNED PUBLISHING 24 (2): 109-114

Sun Jun 26 15:53:39 EDT 2011

Cradock, C; Meehan, P; Needham, P. 2011. JUSP in time a partnership approach
to developing a journal usage statistics portal. LEARNED PUBLISHING 24 (2):
109-114.

Author Full Name(s): Cradock, Chris; Meehan, Paul; Needham, Paul
Language: English
Document Type: Article

Abstract: The Journal Usage Statistics Portal (JUSP) service is expanding
rapidly, and aims to encompass all NESLi2-participating publishers by the end of
2011, together with all UK higher-education institutions subscribing to deals
from those publishers. A key part of the success of JUSP will be the
implementation of the Standardized Usage Statistics Harvesting Initiative
(SUSHI) protocol for automatic harvesting of usage statistics directly from
publishers. This article outlines development of the service and describes how
JUSP is working with Oxford University Press to deliver usage statistics to
libraries. We also describe future developments at JUSP, including the creation
of our own SUSHI server, and explain how new initiatives and enhancements
are developed and rolled out in conjunction with our participating institutions.
(C) Chris Cradock, Paul Meehan and Paul Needham 2011

Addresses: [Cradock, Chris] Oxford Univ Press, Oxford, England; [Needham,
Paul] Cranfield Univ, Cranfield MK43 0AL, Beds, England
Reprint Address: Cradock, C, Oxford Univ Press, Oxford, England.

E-mail Address: christopher.cradock at oup.com;
paul.meehan at manchester.ac.uk; paul.needham11 at btintemet.com
ISSN: 0953-1513
DOI: 10.1087/20110205