SIGMETRICS Digest - 21 Jun 2011 to 25 Jun 2011 (#2011-93)

thelwall mike m.thelwall at BLUEYONDER.CO.UK
Sun Jun 26 03:03:29 EDT 2011

Dear Shadi,
I have just tested a linkdomain command at uk.yahoo.com and it still
worked. Please can you try again?
When Yahoo finally stops its link searches then I think that it is OK
to use the form of search that you wrote but this uses URL citations
rather than hyperlinks. It is a different type of virtual connection
but I think that it is still valid.
See here for a discussion of related issues:
Thelwall, M. & Sud, P. (in press). A comparison of methods for
collecting web citation data for academic organisations. Journal of
the American Society for Information Science and Technology.
http://www.scit.wlv.ac.uk/~cm1993/papers/webCitationAcademicOrgsPreprint.doc
Best wishes,
Mike