New Web of Knowledge Platform

Joel Hammond joel.hammond at THOMSONREUTERS.COM
Thu Jul 21 17:21:29 EDT 2011

Thank you to our loyal and diligent Web of Knowledge users who have
raised data issues or discrepancies between V4 and V5.

We have identified errors affecting a subset of records that were
uploaded within the last week. We have isolated the impacted records and
are diligently working to rectify the problem.  We expect to have these
data corrected within approximately 2 weeks.  In the interim there will
be instances where some of these data errors will impact citation counts
and H-indexes.

Please also be aware that in most cases where the two versions of Web of
Knowledge yield different citation counts, it does not indicate error
but instead reflects enhancements made to the application.  While the
majority of citation counts between the two versions of Web of Knowledge
are the same, a small number will be different as a result of new
methods for record unification.

Joel Hammond

Sr Director, Product Management & Development

Scientific & Scholarly Research

Thomson Reuters

O 215-823-3740

joel.hammond at thomsonreuters.com