How many journals do Web of Science and Scopus really cover?

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Wed Feb 23 10:21:07 EST 2011

Dear Wim,

This clearly answers question 1: there is a Scopus+ version including CSA
Illumina. For the A&H this is more than twice the size as Scopus without it.

I downloaded the excel with the list information and then obtain the 1948
journals that I reported before. How come that these journals contained only
43,918 records in 2010. Or is this also including the CSA Illumina? If so,
what is the number of Scopus journals in this category and how can one
retrieve this number online?

I hope that you appreciate this questioning. On this list, we are all
interested in understanding and if possible improving these databases.

Best wishes,

Loet

  _____

Loet Leydesdorff

Professor, University of Amsterdam
Amsterdam School of Communications Research (ASCoR),
Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam.
Tel.: +31-20- 525 6598; fax: +31-842239111
 <mailto:loet at leydesdorff.net> loet at leydesdorff.net ;
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/> http://www.leydesdorff.net/