Comparative Analysis between Impact Factor and h-Index for Psychiatry Journals

Thu Aug 25 11:05:35 EDT 2011

Comparative Analysis between Impact Factor and h-Index for Psychiatry
Journals

Author(s): Bador, P (Bador, Pascal); Lafouge, T (Lafouge, Thierry)
Source: CANADIAN JOURNAL OF INFORMATION AND LIBRARY SCIENCE-REVUE
CANADIENNE DES SCIENCES DE L INFORMATION ET DE BIBLIOTHECONOMIE
Volume: 35  Issue: 2  Pages: 109-121  Published: JUN 2011

Abstract: In order to strictly compare their impact factor (IF) and h-index, we
wanted to work on all citations obtained in 2006 by the articles published in
2004-5 in the fifty journals of our Web of Science sample of psychiatry.
We obtained a high correlation coefficient between the IF 2006 and h-index
2006. The rating of journals starting from the h-index may represent a
complementary alternative to the rating based on the IF. The h-index rating
proposes a categorization of journals making it possible to create classes of
journals with the same h-index.

Language: English
Document Type: Article
Author Keywords: journal impact factor; Hirsch index; journal ranking;
psychiatry journals

Addresses: [Bador, P] Univ Lyon, F-69008 Lyon, France
Univ Lyon 1, Equipe ELICO, ISPB Fac Pharm, F-69373 Lyon 08, France
Reprint Address: Bador, P (reprint author), Univ Lyon, F-69008 Lyon, France

E-mail Address: pascal.bador at univ-lyon1.fr
ISSN: 1195-096X
ador.html