Di Stefano, G; Peteraf, M; Verona, G. 2010. Dynamic capabilities deconstructed: a bibliographic investigation into the origins, development, and future directions of the research domain. INDUSTRIAL AND CORPORATE CHANGE 19 (4): 1187-1204

Mon Sep 13 16:59:33 EDT 2010

Di Stefano, G; Peteraf, M; Verona, G. 2010. Dynamic capabilities
deconstructed: a bibliographic investigation into the origins, development, and
future directions of the research domain. INDUSTRIAL AND CORPORATE CHANGE
19 (4): 1187-1204.

Author Full Name(s): Di Stefano, Giada; Peteraf, Margaret; Verona, Gianmario
Language: English
Document Type: Article

KeyWords Plus: RESOURCE-BASED VIEW; GUEST EDITORS INTRODUCTION;
STRATEGIC-MANAGEMENT; INTELLECTUAL STRUCTURE; MULTINATIONAL-
ENTERPRISES; INSTITUTIONAL STRUCTURE; AUTHOR COCITATION; CITATION
ANALYSIS; FIRM PERFORMANCE; SPECIAL-ISSUE

Abstract: This article uses co-citation analysis to explore the structure of the
Dynamic Capabilities research domain, to better understand its origins, current
state of development, and future directions. Co-citation analysis reveals the
field's 'invisible colleges' and research directions. We find evidence of
commonalities as well as polarizing differences among understandings across
this research domain, suggesting opportunities and challenges for future
research.

Addresses: [Di Stefano, Giada; Verona, Gianmario] Bocconi Univ, I-20136 Milan,
Italy; [Peteraf, Margaret] Tuck Sch Business Dartmouth, Hanover, NH 03755
USA

Reprint Address: Di Stefano, G, Bocconi Univ, Via Roentgen 1, I-20136 Milan,
Italy.

E-mail Address: giada.distefano at unibocconi.it;
margaret.a.peteraf at tuck.dartmouth.edu; gianmario.verona at unibocconi.it

ISSN: 0960-6491