Li, F; Li, CY; Tian, YG. 2009. Applying Association Rule Analysis in Bibliometric Analysis. PROCEEDINGS OF INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER SCIENCE AND COMPUTATIONAL TECHNOLOGY (ISCSCT 2009): 431-434

Sat Nov 20 12:14:15 EST 2010

Li, F; Li, CY; Tian, YG. 2009. Applying Association Rule Analysis in Bibliometric
Analysis. PROCEEDINGS OF INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER
SCIENCE AND COMPUTATIONAL TECHNOLOGY (ISCSCT 2009): 431-434. edited
by Yu, F; Yue, G; Shu, J; Liu, Y. presented at International Symposium on
Computer Science and Computational Technology in Huangshan, PEOPLES R
CHINA, DEC 26-28, 2009.

Author Full Name(s): Li, Fang; Li, Chengyao; Tian, Yangge
Language: English
Document Type: Proceedings Paper
Author Keywords: data mining; bibliometric; association rule; SCI

Abstract: Scientific research needs lots of literature searches that cost a large
amount of time and energy. Bibliometric techniques could help us find research
hotspots and grasp the research direction yet can't reveal huge hidden
information in massive literature since the existing bibliometric analysis
techniques employ mainly simple statistical analysis techniques. Hence, we
propose to introduce data mining analysis techniques into bibliometrics analysis,
and expect to reach some instructive conclusions by mining relations among
information like keywords, authors, research institutions, publications and so
on. We take the subject 'data mining' as our research object and analyze the
records by the method of association rule analysis. Finally, we get some
valuable conclusions that verify the idea's feasibility. The results of this
research would not only provide a reference for data mining research but also
be applied to other research fields.

Addresses: [Li, Fang; Li, Chengyao; Tian, Yangge] Wuhan Univ, Int Sch
Software, Wuhan 430072, Peoples R China
Reprint Address: Tian, YG, Wuhan Univ, Int Sch Software, 129 Luoyu Rd,
Wuhan 430072, Peoples R China.

E-mail Address: tiandebox at 126.com
ISBN: 978-952-5726-07-7
PDF: