Alma Swan: The OA citation advantage: Studies and results to date

Philip Davis pmd8 at CORNELL.EDU
Fri Mar 12 15:13:59 EST 2010

Stevan,
First, I did not state in my critique of the Swan report
<http://j.mp/d91Jk2> that meta-analysis was Alma's idea, but that this
was your suggestion (as posted to sigmetrics and other listservs).

Secondly, you keep on trying to turn things back to critiquing my own
work, as if *"the best defense is a good offense."*  You've posted 5
rapid responses to the BMJ 2008 paper and another rapid response to the
BMJ editorial.  I've responded to your concerns and have better things
to do than engaged in an endless discussion with you when there is
absolutely no hope of changing your mind.  You can continue to plaster
the Internet with your critiques and astonishment that I haven't
responded if this makes you feel better.  I have students to teach and a
dissertation to write.

--Phil Davis