Franceschet, M. 2010. Ten good reasons to use the Eigenfactor (TM) metrics. INFORMATION PROCESSING & MANAGEMENT 46 (5): 555-558

Sun Aug 29 10:56:21 EDT 2010

Franceschet, M. 2010. Ten good reasons to use the Eigenfactor (TM) metrics.
INFORMATION PROCESSING & MANAGEMENT 46 (5): 555-558.

Author Full Name(s): Franceschet, Massimo
Language: English
Document Type: Article
Author Keywords: Journal influence measures; Eigenfactor metrics; Impact
Factor
KeyWords Plus: CITATION ANALYSIS; PAGERANK

Abstract: The Eigenfactor score is a journal influence metric developed at the
Department of Biology of the University of Washington and recently introduced
in the Science and Social Science Journal Citation Reports maintained by
Thomson Reuters. It provides a compelling measure of journal status with solid
mathematical background, sound axiomatic foundation, intriguing stochastic
interpretation, and many interesting relationships to other ranking measures. In
this short contribution, we give 10 reasons to motivate the use of the
Eigenfactor method. (C) 2010 Elsevier Ltd. All rights reserved.

Addresses: Univ Udine, Dept Math & Comp Sci, I-33100 Udine, Italy
Reprint Address: Franceschet, M, Univ Udine, Dept Math & Comp Sci, Via Sci
206, I-33100 Udine, Italy.

E-mail Address: massimo.franceschet at dimi.uniud.it
ISSN: 0306-4573
DOI: 10.1016/j.ipm.2010.01.001