Visualizing the Arts and Humanities Citation Index

K S Chudamani ksc at LIBRARY.IISC.ERNET.IN
Thu Apr 8 03:56:00 EDT 2010

dear sirs,

I have done some what similar analysis for ecology and submitted it to
2008 international conference on webometriccs, scientometrics, etc

Chudamani

On Wed, 7 Apr 2010, Andrea Scharnhorst wrote:

> Dear colleagues,
>

> We would like to invite you to have a look at a new way of browsing journals in the Arts and Humanities. At the website: http://vks2.virtualknowledgestudio.nl/ahci/ <http://vks2.virtualknowledgestudio.nl/ahci/>  you can browse through more than 1000 journal titles.
>
> We invite researchers and journal editors to use this website as an information tool for a first and quick glance onto the knowledge environment of their journals.
>
> The analysis is based on data from the Arts and Humanities Citation Index (a product of ISI Thompson Reuters).
>
> For each journal two pictures are available. These pictures show how the journal is linked to other journals. One picture displays a network of journals with similar reference lists of its articles (the knowledge base environment of a certain journal). The second picture shows a network of journals which are cited similarly (the citation impact environment of the same journal).
>
> Comments and remarks are welcome! Please send them to alelma at gmail.com.
>
> Almila Akdag Salah, Loet Leydesdorff, Cheng Gao, Krzysztof Suchecki, Andrea Scharnhorst, Paul Wouters
>
> Knowledge Space Lab team at the Virtual Knowledge Studio for the Humanities and Social Sciences at the Royal Netherlands Academy of Arts and Science, Amsterdam

believed to be clean.