journal structures in the Arts & Humanities

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Mon Apr 5 09:03:29 EDT 2010

Dear colleagues,

At http://vks2.virtualknowledgestudio.nl/ahci/browse.html, one can browse
the cited and citing environments for all journals included in the Arts and
Humanities Citation Index. The journal maps are based on the normalized
citation patterns, without thresholds, and using the algorithm of Kamada &
Kawai (1989) in Pajek for the visualization.

Under the tab "Methods", the procedure is further explained. Note that this
is not performance measurement of these journals, but we position them into
relevant environments.

With best wishes also on behalf of my coauthors,

Loet Leydesdorff

Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam
loet at leydesdorff.net <http://www.leydesdorff.net/>

** apologies for cross-postings