The Dynamics of Exchanges and References among Scientific Texts, and the Autopoiesis of Discursive Knowledge; preprint version

Loet Leydesdorff loet at LEYDESDORFF.NET
Mon Feb 23 09:25:43 EST 2009

Dear David,

Apologies for misunderstanding your metaphor of swarming. It seems to me
that you got the gist of the message that different selection mechanisms are
operating. We try to specify this using models of self-organization which
are more common in systems theory and general sociology than in science
studies (hitherto :-) ).

Best wishes,

Loet

  _____

Loet Leydesdorff
Amsterdam School of Communications Research (ASCoR),
Kloveniersburgwal 48, 1012 CX Amsterdam.
Tel.: +31-20- 525 6598; fax: +31-20- 525 3681
 <mailto:loet at leydesdorff.net> loet at leydesdorff.net ;
<http://www.leydesdorff.net/> http://www.leydesdorff.net/

  _____