Controversy related to impact factor

Brumback, Roger RogerBrumback at CREIGHTON.EDU
Fri Nov 7 03:19:41 EST 2008

For those following the controversy generated by the Mike Rossner et al
articles on impact factor:
1. Rossner M., Van Epps H., Hill E. Show me the data. J Cell Biol.
2007;179:1091-1092. <http://jcb.rupress.org/cgi/content/full/179/6/1091>
2. Rossner M., Van Epps H., Hill E. Irreproducible results: a response
to Thomson Scientific. J Cell Biol. 2008;180:254-255.
<http://jcb.rupress.org/cgi/content/full/180/2/254>

along with my article in the Journal of Child Neurology:
1. Brumback RA. Worshiping false idols: the impact factor dilemma. J
Child Neurol. 2008;23:365-367.
<http://jcn.sagepub.com/cgi/reprint/23/4/365>

a critique from a Thomson Reuters representative with my reply has been
recently published:
1. Pringle J. "Worshiping False Idols: The Impact Factor Dilemma":
Correcting the Record. J Child Neurol 2008 23: 1092.
<http://jcn.sagepub.com/cgi/reprint/23/9/1092>
2. Brumback RA. Response to Correspondence, "`Worshiping False Idols:
The Impact Factor Dilemma': Correcting the Record." J Child Neurol 2008
23: 1092-1094. [PDF] <http://jcn.sagepub.com/cgi/reprint/23/9/1092-a>

Roger A. Brumback, M.D.
Editor-in-Chief
Journal of Child Neurology