[CHMINF-L] Thomson Scientific Launches New Citation Impact Forum

Eugene Garfield eugene.garfield at THOMSON.COM
Fri Jan 11 16:42:36 EST 2008

While CHINF-L is undoubtedly one of my favorite listservs it by no means
covers all aspects of citation metrics--nor does ISSI. Another important
listserv is the Metrics SIG of ASIS&T which can be found at
SIGMETRICS at LISTSERV.UTK.EDU

Eugene Garfield, PhD. email:  garfield at codex.cis.upenn.edu
home page: www.eugenegarfield.org
Tel: 215-243-2205 Fax 215-387-1266

-----Original Message-----
From: CHEMICAL INFORMATION SOURCES DISCUSSION LIST
[mailto:CHMINF-L at LISTSERV.INDIANA.EDU] On Behalf Of Patricia Meindl
Sent: Friday, January 11, 2008 9:46 AM
To: CHMINF-L at LISTSERV.INDIANA.EDU
Subject: Re: [CHMINF-L] Thomson Scientific Launches New Citation Impact
Forum

hmmmm... I thought CHMINF-L already did this well.  Also there is the
ISSI (International Society for Scientometrics and Infometrics) list
too that definitely covers metrics of all sorts!
  Is the Thompson forum aimed at reaching the average researcher?

Patricia Meindl
U of Toronto