Nikolov, N; Stoehr, P; Zhu, W; Rijnbeek, M; Pillai, S CiteXtract: Extracting citation data from biomedical literature TWENTIETH IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER-BASED MEDICAL SYSTEMS, PROCEEDINGS 12-14, 2007

Tue Apr 22 16:56:34 EDT 2008

Email Address: nikolov at ebi.ac.uk

Author(s): Nikolov, N (Nikolov, Nikolay); Stoehr, P (Stoehr, Peter); Zhu,
W (Zhu, Weimin); Rijnbeek, M (Rijnbeek, Mark); Pillai, S (Pillai, Sharmila)

Title: CiteXtract: Extracting citation data from biomedical literature

Editor(s): Kokol, P; Podgorelec, V; MiceticTurk, D; Zorman, M; Verlic, M

Source: TWENTIETH IEEE INTERNATIONAL SYMPOSIUM ON COMPUTER-BASED MEDICAL
SYSTEMS, PROCEEDINGS 12-14, 2007

Book Series: COMPUTER-BASED MEDICAL SYSTEMS : PROCEEDINGS OF THE ANNUAL
IEEE SYMPOSIUM

Language: English

Document Type: Article

Conference Title: 20th IEEE International Symposium on Computer-Based
Medical Systems

Conference Date: JUN 20-22, 2007

Conference Location: Maribor, SLOVENIA

Conference Sponsors: IEEE Comp Soc TCCM, Fac Elect Engn & Comp Sci, Fac
Hlth Sci

Abstract: We present a system for extracting citation data from Pubmed-
indexed papers available online based on a knowledge-based algorithm. We
achieve nearly 92% accuracy on a sample of 156 papers from 78 different
journals. We describe the issues faced, our approach, the results achieved
and the future directions of our work.

Addresses: European Bioinformat Inst, Cambridge, CB10 1SD England.

Reprint Address: Nikolov, N, European Bioinformat Inst, Wellcome Trust
Genome Campus Hinxton, Cambridge, CB10 1SD England.

Cited Reference Count: 2

Publisher Name: IEEE COMPUTER SOC

Publisher Address: 10662 LOS VAQUEROS CIRCLE, PO BOX 3014, LOS ALAMITOS,
CA 90720-1264 USA

ISSN: 1063-7125

ISBN: 978-0-7695-2905-9

29-char Source Abbrev.: COMP MED SY

Source Item Page Count: 3

Subject Category: Computer Science, Artificial Intelligence; Computer
Science, Cybernetics; Computer Science, Information Systems; Engineering,
Biomedical

ISI Document Delivery No.: BGL02

BERGMARK D
SIGIR FORUM 35 : 1 2001