Van, TT; Beigbeder, M Hybrid method for personalized search in scientific digital libraries COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTICS AND INTELLIGENT TEXT PROCESSING 4919. 2008. p.512-521 SPRINGER-VERLAG BERLIN, BERLIN

Tue Apr 1 10:05:18 EDT 2008

Email address: van at emse.fr

AUTHOR:         Van, TT; Beigbeder, M

TITLE:          Hybrid method for personalized search in scientific
                digital libraries (Article, English)

SOURCE:         COMPUTATIONAL LINGUISTICS AND INTELLIGENT TEXT
                PROCESSING 4919. 2008. p.512-521 SPRINGER-VERLAG BERLIN,
                BERLIN

ABSTRACT:       Users of information retrieval systems usually have to
repeat the tedious process of searching, browsing, and refining queries
until they find relevant documents. This is because different users have
different information needs, but user queries are often short and, hence,
ambiguous. In this paper we study personalized search in digital libraries
using user profile. The search results could be re-ranked by taking into
account specific information needs of different people. We study many
methods for this purpose: citation-based method, content-based method and
hybrid method. We conducted experiments to compare performances of these
methods. Experimental results show that our approaches are promising and
applicable in digital libraries.

AUTHOR ADDRESS: TT Van, Ecole Natl Super Mines, Ctr G21, Dept RIM, 158
                Cours Fauriel, F-42023 St Etienne, France