UT and RecID in ISI Web of Science

Linda Butler linda.butler at ANU.EDU.AU
Tue Jun 5 21:03:26 EDT 2007

Hi Ton

The UT is a unique identifier for an article.  It is present in the
raw data files we obtain from Thomson.

I don't know the RecID, so can't answer that part of your query.

Linda

At 01:56 AM 6/06/2007, you wrote:
>Adminstrative info for SIGMETRICS (for example unsubscribe):
>http://web.utk.edu/~gwhitney/sigmetrics.html
>
>Hi everyone,
>
>I have a question about ISI Web of Science. In  ISI WoS, each
>article is represented by an identifier called UT, however there's
>also another identifier called RecID. What are differences between
>them? (I only know that RecID is could be used to identify cited
>references of a given article). Are they unique (i.e. with an
>article there is only 1 UT and/or 1 RecID)?
>
>Thank you in advance,
>T. Van

Linda Butler
Research Evaluation and Policy Project
Research School of Social Sciences
Building 9, H C Coombs Bld
The Australian National University
ACT 0200  Australia

Tel: 61 2 61252154    Fax: 61 2 61259767
http://repp.anu.edu.au