Benoit Godin's paper "On the origin of bibliometrics"

Stephen J Bensman notsjb at LSU.EDU
Thu May 18 19:46:32 EDT 2006

Probably is a grammatical error.  At first I left it out, but then I
thought I'd better put it in, or otherwise it might just refer to scholars,
when I really think that the policy should affect both scientists and
scholars.  Scientists are the real problem, because their bad papers cost
much more to produce and publish.  Any real cost savings would have to come
at the expense of scientists.

SB

"Quentin L. Burrell" <quentinburrell at MANX.NET>@LISTSERV.UTK.EDU> on
05/18/2006 03:02:22 PM

Please respond to ASIS&T Special Interest Group on Metrics
       <SIGMETRICS at LISTSERV.UTK.EDU>

Sent by:    ASIS&T Special Interest Group on Metrics
       <SIGMETRICS at LISTSERV.UTK.EDU>