Does the arXiv lead to higher citations and reduced publisher downloads?

Philip Meir Davis pmd8 at CORNELL.EDU
Tue Mar 14 20:31:43 EST 2006

Stevan,
The paper is now available.  Please see the section where we address the
three postulates (Open Access, Early View, and Self-Selection).  Of the
three, Self-Selection was clearly the strongest explanation.  If Open
Access is partially at work, it appears only to affect the highly-cited
articles.  Early-View really could not be supported by the data.
--Phil