More missing citations?

Lokman I. Meho meho at INDIANA.EDU
Mon Mar 6 09:14:50 EST 2006

Please note that the JIF formula for 2003 impact factor is:

Number of Citations Received in 2003 to Citable Items Published in
2001-2002 / Number of Citable Items Published in 2001-2002

According to ISI, "Citable Items" are Journal and Review Articles. This
means you have to limit your searches/counts to these two document
types only.

As for the journal in question, note that the journal changed its name
to IEEE Transactions on Advanced Packaging. When you take this into
consideration, the number of times the 2001-2002 items (i.e., 190
journal and review articles)  were cited is in fact 150.

150/190 = .790

Best,
  Lokman

Lokman I. Meho, Ph.D.